This project will connect teachers to the communities and practices behind Wikipedia.
It will help both educators and students develop vital information literacy skills for the 21st century: understanding how information is produced, how to evaluate the integrity of knowledge, and how to understand biases and knowledge gaps in the information they consume.
To achieve the project's objectives, schools will benefit from:
- Localized materials for teachers on how to use Wikipedia and develop critical reading skills.
- Teacher development training for selected teachers in the use of the kit.
- Ongoing support from local coordinators for teachers implementing these resources and practices in their classrooms.
- Professional development recognition for participating teachers and schools.
- Integration into Wikipedia's international network of education leaders.
For more information look at the follwoing website: